100-year-old derrick put to work at summer festival in Minnesota
Quarry Park and Nature Preserve will put the 100-year-old Liberty Derrick in operation on June 15 as a demonstration for the summer festival in Waite Park, Minnesota, SCTimes.com reported.
Derricks like the one that will be in operation at the summer festival were used at granite quarries in Waite Park from 1900 to 1950.
For the demonstration, the derrick will hoist a 4-ton block of granite from the quarry floor.
Quarry Park staff will also offer visitors the chance to interpretive displays, view the operation shack and learn about quarrying.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry318 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)279 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views