100-year-old derrick put to work at summer festival in Minnesota
Quarry Park and Nature Preserve will put the 100-year-old Liberty Derrick in operation on June 15 as a demonstration for the summer festival in Waite Park, Minnesota, SCTimes.com reported.
Derricks like the one that will be in operation at the summer festival were used at granite quarries in Waite Park from 1900 to 1950.
For the demonstration, the derrick will hoist a 4-ton block of granite from the quarry floor.
Quarry Park staff will also offer visitors the chance to interpretive displays, view the operation shack and learn about quarrying.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February357 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car208 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views
- Wisconsin sand hauling company to lay off workers due to decreased frac sand demand128 Views
- DRIVE Act aims to support Highway Trust Fund by limiting spending to roads and bridges126 Views