100-year-old derrick put to work at summer festival in Minnesota
Quarry Park and Nature Preserve will put the 100-year-old Liberty Derrick in operation on June 15 as a demonstration for the summer festival in Waite Park, Minnesota, SCTimes.com reported.
Derricks like the one that will be in operation at the summer festival were used at granite quarries in Waite Park from 1900 to 1950.
For the demonstration, the derrick will hoist a 4-ton block of granite from the quarry floor.
Quarry Park staff will also offer visitors the chance to interpretive displays, view the operation shack and learn about quarrying.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability690 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure542 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]494 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 262 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine239 Views