100-year-old derrick put to work at summer festival in Minnesota
Quarry Park and Nature Preserve will put the 100-year-old Liberty Derrick in operation on June 15 as a demonstration for the summer festival in Waite Park, Minnesota, SCTimes.com reported.
Derricks like the one that will be in operation at the summer festival were used at granite quarries in Waite Park from 1900 to 1950.
For the demonstration, the derrick will hoist a 4-ton block of granite from the quarry floor.
Quarry Park staff will also offer visitors the chance to interpretive displays, view the operation shack and learn about quarrying.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand saves a construction worker's life498 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers318 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 287 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts161 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views