100-year-old derrick put to work at summer festival in Minnesota
Quarry Park and Nature Preserve will put the 100-year-old Liberty Derrick in operation on June 15 as a demonstration for the summer festival in Waite Park, Minnesota, SCTimes.com reported.
Derricks like the one that will be in operation at the summer festival were used at granite quarries in Waite Park from 1900 to 1950.
For the demonstration, the derrick will hoist a 4-ton block of granite from the quarry floor.
Quarry Park staff will also offer visitors the chance to interpretive displays, view the operation shack and learn about quarrying.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs716 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries283 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs194 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding192 Views