10th Annual Southern California Transportation Summit
Former Pennsylvania Gov. Edward Rendell will keynote Mobility 21’s 10th Annual Southern California Transportation Summit — a conference for transportation and business leaders to find solutions to the region’s transportation challenges.
“Here in Southern California, we are ready with the America Fast Forward and the Breaking Down Barriers initiatives to get people back to work and lead the country on the road to recovery. This groundbreaking conference will provide meaningful discussions on ways to implement these critically needed jobs-creation solutions.”
Presented by UPS, the Summit will take place on Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2011 at the JW Marriott at LA Live.
“Gov. Rendell is a pioneer in the transportation industry for his bipartisan advocacy and innovative approach to infrastructure investment to turn our nation’s economy around,” said Orange County Transportation Authority CEO and Mobility 21 Chairman Will Kempton. “Here in Southern California, we are ready with the America Fast Forward and the Breaking Down Barriers initiatives to get people back to work and lead the country on the road to recovery. This groundbreaking conference will provide meaningful discussions on ways to implement these critically needed jobs-creation solutions.”
During his two-year term as governor of Pennsylvania from 2003 to 2010, Rendell was outspoken about transportation’s vital role in America’s prosperity, passionately advocating for infrastructure investment. Rendell serves as co-chair of Building America’s Future Educational Fund, a bipartisan coalition of elected leaders dedicated to infrastructure investment to enhance economic competitiveness and quality of life in the U.S.
Other notable conference speakers include the following:
- Malcolm Dougherty, Acting Director, Caltrans
- John Fenton, CEO, Metrolink
- Jeff Hammonds, Vice President of Transportation, Walmart
- Hasan Ikhrata, Executive Director, Southern California Association of Governments
- Will Kempton, CEO, Orange County Transportation Authority
- Darren Kettle, Executive Director, Ventura County Transportation Commission
- Art Leahy, CEO, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Noel Massie, President, UPS Central California
- Anne Mayer, Executive Director, Riverside County Transportation Commission
For more information, got to http://mobility21.com/overview.
From our partners
MORE FROM Event Calendar
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1594 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”260 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention168 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban125 Views