2008 IMA-NA/MSHA Mine Safety Awards
The Industrial Minerals Association – North America (IMA-NA) and the U.S. Department of Labor’s Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced the recipients of their 2008 joint safety recognition awards. The individual mining operations were honored at the IMA-NA’s Spring Meeting in Washington, D.C. Two classes of awards recognize different levels of safety performance.
The IMA-NA Safety Achievement Award recognizes the best reportable injury rate for an individual company by size category. The award criteria evaluate a company’s safety performance at all of its U.S. facilities and non-U.S. mining sites in North America. The 2008 winners include:
- Rio Tinto Minerals–Large Category
- J.W. Gillibrand Co., Inc.–Medium Category
- J.R. Simplot Co., Simplot Silica Products–Small Category
Ten additional Small Category companies tied the winning zero reportable injury rate, but had fewer employees. These companies received a Safety Achievement Certificate: Old Hickory Clay Co.;, Ricci Brothers Sand Co., Inc.; IMI Fabi, LLC; Southern Filter Media, LLC; Manley Bros.; A.F. Gelhar Co., Inc.; C.E.D. Process Minerals, Inc.;S & B Industrial Minerals GmbH; George W. Bryant Core Sands, Inc.; and Ohio Basic Minerals LLC.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success625 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies479 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned466 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting459 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone245 Views