2013 Aggregates Business Ratings Results
When it comes to 2013 business ratings, including an assessment of sales and profitability, the highs were not very high and the lows were not particularly low.
Instead, most of the year-to-year movement took place within the mid-range results, according to respondents to the 2013-14 Aggregates Manager Forecast Survey.
For example, more than double the percentage of operators (21.9 percent) characterized 2013 business conditions as very good, compared to the prior year (10.9 percent).
From a regional perspective, operators in the North Central states were the most likely to report excellent business conditions (7.1 percent), followed by the Northeast (5.3 percent), and the South (2.9 percent).
Operators in the West reported the toughest conditions; none reported excellent business ratings, and nearly one in five rated conditions to be poor.
For more information about 2013 results and 2014 business predictions, see the January print edition of Aggregates Manager.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger147 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park145 Views