2013 Aggregates Business Ratings Results
When it comes to 2013 business ratings, including an assessment of sales and profitability, the highs were not very high and the lows were not particularly low.
Instead, most of the year-to-year movement took place within the mid-range results, according to respondents to the 2013-14 Aggregates Manager Forecast Survey.
For example, more than double the percentage of operators (21.9 percent) characterized 2013 business conditions as very good, compared to the prior year (10.9 percent).
From a regional perspective, operators in the North Central states were the most likely to report excellent business conditions (7.1 percent), followed by the Northeast (5.3 percent), and the South (2.9 percent).
Operators in the West reported the toughest conditions; none reported excellent business ratings, and nearly one in five rated conditions to be poor.
For more information about 2013 results and 2014 business predictions, see the January print edition of Aggregates Manager.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151035 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1009 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production691 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone409 Views