2013 Aggregates Business Ratings Results
When it comes to 2013 business ratings, including an assessment of sales and profitability, the highs were not very high and the lows were not particularly low.
Instead, most of the year-to-year movement took place within the mid-range results, according to respondents to the 2013-14 Aggregates Manager Forecast Survey.
For example, more than double the percentage of operators (21.9 percent) characterized 2013 business conditions as very good, compared to the prior year (10.9 percent).
From a regional perspective, operators in the North Central states were the most likely to report excellent business conditions (7.1 percent), followed by the Northeast (5.3 percent), and the South (2.9 percent).
Operators in the West reported the toughest conditions; none reported excellent business ratings, and nearly one in five rated conditions to be poor.
For more information about 2013 results and 2014 business predictions, see the January print edition of Aggregates Manager.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry739 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets554 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year312 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY136 Views