2014 Aggregates Business Ratings Forecast
Nearly three out of four operators responding to the 2013-14 Aggregates Manager Forecast Survey expect to have positive business ratings this year.
While only 3.8 percent of operators anticipate an excellent year, 21.9 percent call for a very good year and 47.6 percent expect a good year.
Further good news can be found in the percentage of operators who forecast poor business results for 2014 – 2.9 percent – the lowest numbers reported throughout a decade of industry forecasts.
By region, four of five operators in both the South and Northeast regions expect positive ratings (excellent, very good, or good), while three of four in the Northeast indicate the same upbeat trend. North Central operators were the most cautious; approximately two in three call for positive business ratings.
For more information about 2013 results and 2014 business predictions, see the January print edition of Aggregates Manager.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry320 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views