Illinois Road and Transportation Builders Association gives Contractor of the Year Awards
“We owe a debt of gratitude for the years Bob Schillerstrom brought an understanding of the industry and the issues to the table,” Griffin said.
Bigane Paving Co. of Chicago, has the distinction of receiving both IRTBA’s Diversity Award and Green Achievement Award for 2010. The Green Achievement Award is given by IRTBA’s Green Council, a group of its members dedicated to employing green, sustainable practices in the industry.
“Bigane Paving continues to set new standards for others to follow, particularly in reaching for a more diverse workforce and commitment to environmentally sensitive practices,” said IRTBA CEO Michael Sturino.
The industry continues to make progress in reaching a greater degree of workforce diversity. Three DBE firms were given exceptional DBE awards from the Tollway and CDOT.
Additional awards were given to contractors in a number of categories. More information on all of these award recipients can be found at www.irtba.org.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve516 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry254 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature239 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky211 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia113 Views