New White Paper: Keys to Alternate Bidding
Alternate bidding is a complex subject, but a new white paper, Keys to a Successful Alternate Bidding Process, breaks it down for contractors and agencies.
It outlines the procedures set up by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and covers the factors considered in alternate bids, such as initial cost, construction time, and future costs. Also discussed are discount rates, performance periods, rehabilitation plans, salvage value, analysis periods, and more. Keys to a Successful Alternate Bidding Process is available as a free download from the economics area of the APA’s Web site at www.AsphaltRoads.org or by clicking on the link above for a downloadable PDF.
“There will never be sufficient funding to meet all the needs of the nation’s roadways. Therefore, it is important to optimize every dollar. This APA publication will help contractors and agencies alike as they develop their understanding of alternate bidding procedures,” says Jill Thomas of the Minnesota Asphalt Pavement Association, co-chair of the team that produced the document.
“When agencies look at alternate pavement materials, the needs of highway users are an important part of the equation. The advantages of asphalt – faster construction time and less disruption for the traveling public during rehabilitation – need to be considered,” she continues.. “Smooth, durable, safe, quiet asphalt pavements provide the best value for the traveling public, now and for years to come.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections460 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company333 Views
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility324 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?312 Views