Navistar announces agreement with Cummins to supply engines
Through these agreements, Navistar will offer the Cummins ISX15 in its International ProStar+, PayStar and 9900 models. In addition, Navistar will use the Cummins Emission Solutions aftertreatment system for the company’s proprietary MaxxForce heavy-duty big bore engines.
Engineering teams from Cummins and Navistar have been working in close collaboration over the past several months to integrate vehicle, engine, and emissions aftertreatment systems. With a formal, finalized agreement, Navistar says, the teams are now focused on a swift, well-executed launch.
Navistar will begin its initial pilot builds of the International ProStar+ with the Cummins ISX15 next month, with first customer shipments in December. The International ProStar+ with MaxxForce 13 and the Cummins Emission Solutions SCR-based aftertreatment system will enter initial pilot production in March 2013, with regular production to begin in April.
The remaining line-up of heavy-duty truck models will transition to SCR-based clean engine technology in a phased launch throughout 2013 based on volume and customer demand.
During the transition, Navistar will continue to build and ship EPA-compliant trucks in all vehicle classes using appropriate combinations of earned emissions credits and/or non-conformance penalties.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views