Navistar announces agreement with Cummins to supply engines
Through these agreements, Navistar will offer the Cummins ISX15 in its International ProStar+, PayStar and 9900 models. In addition, Navistar will use the Cummins Emission Solutions aftertreatment system for the company’s proprietary MaxxForce heavy-duty big bore engines.
Engineering teams from Cummins and Navistar have been working in close collaboration over the past several months to integrate vehicle, engine, and emissions aftertreatment systems. With a formal, finalized agreement, Navistar says, the teams are now focused on a swift, well-executed launch.
Navistar will begin its initial pilot builds of the International ProStar+ with the Cummins ISX15 next month, with first customer shipments in December. The International ProStar+ with MaxxForce 13 and the Cummins Emission Solutions SCR-based aftertreatment system will enter initial pilot production in March 2013, with regular production to begin in April.
The remaining line-up of heavy-duty truck models will transition to SCR-based clean engine technology in a phased launch throughout 2013 based on volume and customer demand.
During the transition, Navistar will continue to build and ship EPA-compliant trucks in all vehicle classes using appropriate combinations of earned emissions credits and/or non-conformance penalties.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas416 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents302 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana277 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials246 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry227 Views