25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader
The 988K features redesigned loader linkage, drive train modifications, redesigned cab and enhancements in safety and serviceability.
A Cat C18 ACERT engine powers the loader, which is available as a Tier 4 Final/Stage IV version (using selective catalytic reduction to control nitrogen-oxide emissions).
The patented Optimized Z-bar loader linkage replaces the 988H mono-boom design and expands the unit’s versatility in small quarries and underground applications.
The Cat impeller clutch torque converter uses a lock-up clutch, providing direct drive to boost fuel economy, trim cycle times, and reduce heat, especially in load-and-carry applications.
The loader’s all-new operator station features the Cat Next Generation Vital Information Management System (VIMS), which provides expanded capabilities, including real-time fuel consumption and fuel efficiency data, through an interactive touch screen.
Caterpillar | cat.com
Here’s a quick look at improvements made to the 988K:
Redesigned loader linkage
Drive train modifications
Enhanced safety and serviceability
Tier 4 Final/Stage IV available
20-percent improved fuel efficiency over the 988H
Optimized Z-bar loader linkage replaces 988H mono-boom
All-new operator station with Cat Next Generation VIMS
Editor’s note: We’re sharing all 2013 Top RollOuts throughout the month of December, with a different product posted each day. Click here to see them all.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule398 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger341 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)312 Views