25 Days of RollOuts: John Deere 644K hybrid wheel loader
John Deere’s 644K hybrid wheel loader uses diesel and electric power and captures regenerated energy as it is created to use in powering the machine.
The company says the engine’s constant operating speed maintains continuous hydraulic flow at all times to deliver crisp hydraulic responsiveness and reduce cycle times; the electric motor delivers torque resulting in fluid operation and a smooth ride.
The machine has four operating speed ranges, but no reverse gear or clutches as direction changes are performed by the electric motor.
The 644K will be on display at booth #2328 at ConExpo-Con/Agg in Las Vegas in March.
Deere & Co. | johndeere.com
Editor’s note: We’re sharing all 2013 Top RollOuts throughout the month of December, with a different product posted each day. Click here to see them all.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 897 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers278 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning157 Views