25 Days of RollOuts: Komatsu D61EXi/PXi-23 intelligent machine control dozer
Komatsu America rolled out the D61EXi/PXi-23, its first intelligent machine control model in North America.
While crawler dozers have been able to perform high-precision finish grading after installing an add-on machine control system, the unit’s fully automatic blade control allows it to perform rough dozing, as well as finish grading in automatic mode.
Customer selectable dozing modes allow system response to be tailored to the current machine operation for optimized performance.
A factory-installed cab top Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) antenna, inertial measuring unit and stroke-sensing hydraulic cylinders replace the typical add-on machine control system components.
Komatsu’s Komtrax fleet monitoring system helps prevent machine theft and allows the distributor to provide remote diagnosis, while Komatsu Care scheduled maintenance offers KDPF exchanges eat 4,500 hours and 9,000 hours in the first five years.
Komatsu America Corp. | komatsuamerica.com
Editor’s note: We’re sharing all 2013 Top RollOuts throughout the month of December, with a different product posted each day. Click here to see them all.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga578 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029385 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board326 Views
- 110-year-old quarry demonstrates aggregate mining importance319 Views
- 7 Best Practices for Operating Mobile Equipment Near Embankments294 Views