25 Days of RollOuts: Komatsu D61EXi/PXi-23 intelligent machine control dozer
Komatsu America rolled out the D61EXi/PXi-23, its first intelligent machine control model in North America.
While crawler dozers have been able to perform high-precision finish grading after installing an add-on machine control system, the unit’s fully automatic blade control allows it to perform rough dozing, as well as finish grading in automatic mode.
Customer selectable dozing modes allow system response to be tailored to the current machine operation for optimized performance.
A factory-installed cab top Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) antenna, inertial measuring unit and stroke-sensing hydraulic cylinders replace the typical add-on machine control system components.
Komatsu’s Komtrax fleet monitoring system helps prevent machine theft and allows the distributor to provide remote diagnosis, while Komatsu Care scheduled maintenance offers KDPF exchanges eat 4,500 hours and 9,000 hours in the first five years.
Komatsu America Corp. | komatsuamerica.com
Editor’s note: We’re sharing all 2013 Top RollOuts throughout the month of December, with a different product posted each day. Click here to see them all.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability690 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure542 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]494 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 262 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine239 Views