25 Days of RollOuts: Komatsu D61EXi/PXi-23 intelligent machine control dozer
Komatsu America rolled out the D61EXi/PXi-23, its first intelligent machine control model in North America.
While crawler dozers have been able to perform high-precision finish grading after installing an add-on machine control system, the unit’s fully automatic blade control allows it to perform rough dozing, as well as finish grading in automatic mode.
Customer selectable dozing modes allow system response to be tailored to the current machine operation for optimized performance.
A factory-installed cab top Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) antenna, inertial measuring unit and stroke-sensing hydraulic cylinders replace the typical add-on machine control system components.
Komatsu’s Komtrax fleet monitoring system helps prevent machine theft and allows the distributor to provide remote diagnosis, while Komatsu Care scheduled maintenance offers KDPF exchanges eat 4,500 hours and 9,000 hours in the first five years.
Komatsu America Corp. | komatsuamerica.com
Editor’s note: We’re sharing all 2013 Top RollOuts throughout the month of December, with a different product posted each day. Click here to see them all.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry479 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry339 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution219 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes213 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors197 Views