25 Days of RollOuts: Komatsu D61EXi/PXi-23 intelligent machine control dozer
Komatsu America rolled out the D61EXi/PXi-23, its first intelligent machine control model in North America.
While crawler dozers have been able to perform high-precision finish grading after installing an add-on machine control system, the unit’s fully automatic blade control allows it to perform rough dozing, as well as finish grading in automatic mode.
Customer selectable dozing modes allow system response to be tailored to the current machine operation for optimized performance.
A factory-installed cab top Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) antenna, inertial measuring unit and stroke-sensing hydraulic cylinders replace the typical add-on machine control system components.
Komatsu’s Komtrax fleet monitoring system helps prevent machine theft and allows the distributor to provide remote diagnosis, while Komatsu Care scheduled maintenance offers KDPF exchanges eat 4,500 hours and 9,000 hours in the first five years.
Komatsu America Corp. | komatsuamerica.com
Editor’s note: We’re sharing all 2013 Top RollOuts throughout the month of December, with a different product posted each day. Click here to see them all.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company412 Views
- A total of 27 states have sued the Obama administration over the new EPA water rule393 Views
- Location is key for Dolese Bros. Co.'s Davis Quarry376 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities362 Views
- House subcommittee proposes budget cuts for MSHA and OSHA230 Views