25 Days of RollOuts: Komatsu D61EXi/PXi-23 intelligent machine control dozer
Komatsu America rolled out the D61EXi/PXi-23, its first intelligent machine control model in North America.
While crawler dozers have been able to perform high-precision finish grading after installing an add-on machine control system, the unit’s fully automatic blade control allows it to perform rough dozing, as well as finish grading in automatic mode.
Customer selectable dozing modes allow system response to be tailored to the current machine operation for optimized performance.
A factory-installed cab top Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) antenna, inertial measuring unit and stroke-sensing hydraulic cylinders replace the typical add-on machine control system components.
Komatsu’s Komtrax fleet monitoring system helps prevent machine theft and allows the distributor to provide remote diagnosis, while Komatsu Care scheduled maintenance offers KDPF exchanges eat 4,500 hours and 9,000 hours in the first five years.
Komatsu America Corp. | komatsuamerica.com
Editor’s note: We’re sharing all 2013 Top RollOuts throughout the month of December, with a different product posted each day. Click here to see them all.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas424 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents307 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials257 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry229 Views
- NEAR MISS: Miner severely injured after he was electrocuted215 Views