39K jobs added in November; 9.8 percent unemployment
Just as the Federal Reserve decided to add more money into the economy to stimulate growth, unemployment rates rose unexpectedly as employers added fewer jobs in November than originally forecast, according to a Bloomberg News report.
However, the news agency surveyed economists, and the latest employment numbers are less than the economists most pessimistic projections. According to Bloomberg News, payrolls increased 39,000. The jobless rate rose to 9.8 percent — the highest since April, according to the U.S Department of Labor figures.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 867 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life466 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers270 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts165 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning155 Views