39K jobs added in November; 9.8 percent unemployment
Just as the Federal Reserve decided to add more money into the economy to stimulate growth, unemployment rates rose unexpectedly as employers added fewer jobs in November than originally forecast, according to a Bloomberg News report.
However, the news agency surveyed economists, and the latest employment numbers are less than the economists most pessimistic projections. According to Bloomberg News, payrolls increased 39,000. The jobless rate rose to 9.8 percent — the highest since April, according to the U.S Department of Labor figures.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve519 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry256 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature251 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky216 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia128 Views