FMI releases special report on contractor strategies
Construction management consulting and investment firm FMI has released, 2010 Special Report: Contractor Strategy, Emerging From the Perfect Storm, a report that details and analyzes the responses to the company’s Nonresidential Construction Index (NRCI) concerning the basis for strategic planning and navigation through treacherous markets.
The report looks at each of the following myths, discusses the associated implications and suggests a series of recommendations:
The Four Common Strategic Myths:
1. The future is likely to mirror the past.
2. Yesterday’s strategy will be sufficient to guide our organization into the future.
3. If we can just make it through 2010 and early 2011, we will be fine.
4. Now is not the time to make bold changes.
Briston Blair, co-author of the report, says “There are many possible futures facing the industry, and those firms preparing and adapting their strategies now will be there to win big when the market recovers.”
For a downloadable PDF of 2010 Special Report: Contractor Strategy, Emerging From the Perfect Storm, click here. –Tina Grady Barbaccia
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151630 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151040 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1012 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production694 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone410 Views