FMI releases special report on contractor strategies
Construction management consulting and investment firm FMI has released, 2010 Special Report: Contractor Strategy, Emerging From the Perfect Storm, a report that details and analyzes the responses to the company’s Nonresidential Construction Index (NRCI) concerning the basis for strategic planning and navigation through treacherous markets.
The report looks at each of the following myths, discusses the associated implications and suggests a series of recommendations:
The Four Common Strategic Myths:
1. The future is likely to mirror the past.
2. Yesterday’s strategy will be sufficient to guide our organization into the future.
3. If we can just make it through 2010 and early 2011, we will be fine.
4. Now is not the time to make bold changes.
Briston Blair, co-author of the report, says “There are many possible futures facing the industry, and those firms preparing and adapting their strategies now will be there to win big when the market recovers.”
For a downloadable PDF of 2010 Special Report: Contractor Strategy, Emerging From the Perfect Storm, click here. –Tina Grady Barbaccia
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs709 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries277 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity219 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law218 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding205 Views