$54.4 billion THUD bill passes in Senate Appropriations panel
The Senate Appropriations Committee’s Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Subcommittee approved its Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development (THUD) bill on Tuesday, Politico reports.
The bill provides $54.4 billion in discretionary funds for fiscal year 2015 and includes federal grants for highway and transit programs.
“This bipartisan bill was written with input from Senators on both sides of the aisle, and I’m proud we came together on a responsible approach that makes critical investments in our communities during a time of budget constraints,” subcommittee chairman Sen. Patty Murray said in a prepared statement. “This bill continues our investments in roads and bridges, railroads, public transit systems, and airports, and makes critical investments to protect the safety of crude oil shipments.”
The bill will head to the full committee for markup on Thursday.
For more details about the legislation, click here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 902 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers289 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views