$54.4 billion THUD bill passes in Senate Appropriations panel
The Senate Appropriations Committee’s Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Subcommittee approved its Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development (THUD) bill on Tuesday, Politico reports.
The bill provides $54.4 billion in discretionary funds for fiscal year 2015 and includes federal grants for highway and transit programs.
“This bipartisan bill was written with input from Senators on both sides of the aisle, and I’m proud we came together on a responsible approach that makes critical investments in our communities during a time of budget constraints,” subcommittee chairman Sen. Patty Murray said in a prepared statement. “This bill continues our investments in roads and bridges, railroads, public transit systems, and airports, and makes critical investments to protect the safety of crude oil shipments.”
The bill will head to the full committee for markup on Thursday.
For more details about the legislation, click here.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs479 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger424 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources424 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities339 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register311 Views