Caterpillar names Oberhelman as new CEO
(Peoria, Illinois) — Douglas Oberhelman will become the CEO of Caterpillar Inc starting in July of next year. The Peoria, Illinois-based company said Oberhelman, 56, will succeed current Chief Executive Jim Owens on July 1. Owens will stay on as chairman until he retires Oct. 31 under a mandatory retirement policy.
Oberhelman, a 34-year Caterpillar veteran, currently is the company’s group president, responsible for its engine and gas turbine businesses, human services, rail services, and remanufacturing divisions. Earlier, he was its chief financial officer.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151035 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1009 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production691 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone409 Views