Caterpillar names Oberhelman as new CEO
(Peoria, Illinois) — Douglas Oberhelman will become the CEO of Caterpillar Inc starting in July of next year. The Peoria, Illinois-based company said Oberhelman, 56, will succeed current Chief Executive Jim Owens on July 1. Owens will stay on as chairman until he retires Oct. 31 under a mandatory retirement policy.
Oberhelman, a 34-year Caterpillar veteran, currently is the company’s group president, responsible for its engine and gas turbine businesses, human services, rail services, and remanufacturing divisions. Earlier, he was its chief financial officer.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections372 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company332 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?314 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations308 Views