Caterpillar names Oberhelman as new CEO
(Peoria, Illinois) — Douglas Oberhelman will become the CEO of Caterpillar Inc starting in July of next year. The Peoria, Illinois-based company said Oberhelman, 56, will succeed current Chief Executive Jim Owens on July 1. Owens will stay on as chairman until he retires Oct. 31 under a mandatory retirement policy.
Oberhelman, a 34-year Caterpillar veteran, currently is the company’s group president, responsible for its engine and gas turbine businesses, human services, rail services, and remanufacturing divisions. Earlier, he was its chief financial officer.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs731 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries307 Views
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year279 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs211 Views