Alert: Delayed Response on Parking Brake
The automatic emergency-parking brakes on some Bucyrus 848 Un-A-Haulers may take 4 to 5 seconds to activate after the panic bar is hit, according to a safety alert from the Mine Safety and Health Administration. When this type of equipment is field tested, the brake must engage within one second after hitting the panic bar. As a precaution, the 848 Un-A-Haulers should be field tested to determine if the brakes activate immediately (within one second) when the panic bar is hit as required by 30 CFR 75.523-3(b)(1).
Bucyrus has issued a bulletin describing a remedy for the delayed brake activation, which consists of replacing the brake solenoid valve with a replacement solenoid valve and a pilot-to-close check valve. For more information, go to . Contact a Bucyrus representative with any questions.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success630 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned514 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies502 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting460 Views
- LafargeHolcim is considering selling Lafarge India281 Views