Alert: Delayed Response on Parking Brake
The automatic emergency-parking brakes on some Bucyrus 848 Un-A-Haulers may take 4 to 5 seconds to activate after the panic bar is hit, according to a safety alert from the Mine Safety and Health Administration. When this type of equipment is field tested, the brake must engage within one second after hitting the panic bar. As a precaution, the 848 Un-A-Haulers should be field tested to determine if the brakes activate immediately (within one second) when the panic bar is hit as required by 30 CFR 75.523-3(b)(1).
Bucyrus has issued a bulletin describing a remedy for the delayed brake activation, which consists of replacing the brake solenoid valve with a replacement solenoid valve and a pilot-to-close check valve. For more information, go to . Contact a Bucyrus representative with any questions.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2327 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...534 Views
- How to become a more productive worker312 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views