A ripper bucket’s few minutes of fame on ‘Gold Rush’ Alaska
Leading Edge Attachments’ Hi-Cap Multi-Ripper Bucket enjoyed its few minutes of fame when it was shown on the Discovery Channel’s reality show “Gold Rush” Alaska a few times. (Videos of the show can be seen on YouTube http://youtu.be/k18ocfBI9ME and http://youtu.be/DqKQNbRe2Vo.)
In the show, Dakota Fred said, referring to the bucket, “we affectionately call this bucket the Bedrock Shark.” They used the bucket to rip through the cemented cobble and bedrock near the bottom of an ancient waterfall that they call their “glory hole.” The show footage showed the conventional trenching bucket just skimming over the top of the rock, so he then switched to the Multi-Ripper SHARC bucket, and it was ripping the material with ease.
SHARC refers to “Shanks on an ARC,” meaning that each tooth hits one at a time, thus providing the full breakout force, sequentially, on each tooth.
The bucket may also make a cameo appearance this summer. According to the bucket’s manufacturer, Fred is planning to use the bucket more this summer, and it may appear more in next season’s shows.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand saves a construction worker's life500 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers337 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 293 Views
- Mine pollution hurting fish habitats across America211 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts163 Views