A Visit to Cemex’s Balcones Quarry
I drove down to the heart of Texas hill country in October to visit Balcones Quarry, a Cemex quarry, but it wasn’t the first time I had been there. I made a brief visit to the quarry a year ago during Quarry Academy. Blasting demonstrations for the Academy were held at the quarry. During my visit, I was struck by the immense size of the quarry and by its clean, neat appearance. Though a large group of people were visiting the quarry, work went on as usual nearby. The Cemex representative was quick to invite me to come back for a full-fledged visit any time, so I filed the invite away for future use.
When we found out that AGG1 would include a visit to Balcones Quarry, we immediately decided a formal visit was in order. My second visit was just as nice as my first…the quarry was neat and clean and the personnel were extremely accommodating. I was able to get some wonderful pictures and video that I will share with you in the coming months leading up to AGG1. Watch for them on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/aggregatesmanager.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1650 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world272 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention194 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village146 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban132 Views