A Visit to Cemex’s Balcones Quarry
I drove down to the heart of Texas hill country in October to visit Balcones Quarry, a Cemex quarry, but it wasn’t the first time I had been there. I made a brief visit to the quarry a year ago during Quarry Academy. Blasting demonstrations for the Academy were held at the quarry. During my visit, I was struck by the immense size of the quarry and by its clean, neat appearance. Though a large group of people were visiting the quarry, work went on as usual nearby. The Cemex representative was quick to invite me to come back for a full-fledged visit any time, so I filed the invite away for future use.
When we found out that AGG1 would include a visit to Balcones Quarry, we immediately decided a formal visit was in order. My second visit was just as nice as my first…the quarry was neat and clean and the personnel were extremely accommodating. I was able to get some wonderful pictures and video that I will share with you in the coming months leading up to AGG1. Watch for them on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/aggregatesmanager.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher508 Views
- 10-year-old boy falls 30 feet into NY quarry389 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks383 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident324 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator scrapes 50 tons of sharp rock out of 2015 F-150315 Views