Kawasaki designs, builds wheel loader ‘For the Cure’
Painted light pink with bright pink “Susan G. Komen for the Cure” decals, the wheel loader was ordered by the new Kawasaki distributer as an addition to their rental fleet.
Bud PeCoy, a principal with Mid-Country Machinery, a construction equipment dealer and rental company headquartered in Fort Dodge, Iowa, along with partners Mark Swedlund, Lucas Peed and Bob Conaway created the breast cancer awareness campaign when they learned that one of their customers suffered from breast cancer.
Mid-Country anticipates donating 10 percent of the wheel loader rental proceeds during the course of the next 54 months.
“Hopefully, this is just the beginning of our contribution,” stated PeCoy in a written statement. “We are passionate about this cause because we feel it’s safe to say that many of us have known someone with this devastating illness. Our hope is that we can not only heighten awareness, but also donate money for the research, treatment, and the never-ending search for the cure.”
Kawasaki is the newest addition to the successful Breast Cancer Awareness program by Mid-Country Machinery joining a Kobelco SK210 Mark 8 excavator and 2 JLG 800S telescoping boomlifts.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger143 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views