ABC celebrates Form 1099 Repeal Victory
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) on April 15 issued the following statement regarding repeal of the expanded 1099 tax reporting requirements (H.R. 4), which was signed into law April 14 by President Obama.
“Repeal of the 1099 mandate eliminates an unnecessary administrative burden that would have negatively impacted ABC members and small businesses nationwide,” said ABC Vice President of Federal Affairs Geoffrey Burr. “Now ABC members can focus more of their time on what is most important: creating jobs and growing their businesses.”
The provision, included in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, would have mandated that, beginning in 2012, businesses would have to file a Form 1099 to all vendors, both incorporated and unincorporated, to which they pay at least $600 annually for goods and services.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1842 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1154 Views
- Federal judge forces MSHA inspection605 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania436 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up429 Views