ACT: Trailer orders rise, used truck sales fall
New and net trailer orders in October rose to the highest level since April and May at 19,408 units and 17,384 units, respectively, ACT Research said.
Seasonally adjusted, October’s backlog rose 1.5 percent month over month. “With orders and production in line, there is nothing to suggest an upwards move from current production levels, at least not until we know the outcome of peak season orders,” said Frank Maly, director CV Transportation Analysis and Research with ACT.
Also, reported sales of used Class 3-8 truck sales declined in October, after rising in September. Scarce inventory and sustained demand may be the cause.
“Despite continued improvement on the new truck sales side, along with repeated assurances that carriers are not expanding their fleets, expected trade-ins have yet to provide any relief to the growing equipment shortage,” said Steve Tam, vice president-commercial vehicle sector with ACT. “Special programs in the late 1990s and early 2000s that lured traditional used truck buyers into new truck purchases are no longer in effect, so the demand for used equipment continues to expand.”
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views