Advance registrations for The Rental Show surpass 2010 total attendance
Pre-registrations for The Rental Show 2011 have surpassed the final attendance totals for the 2010 Show in terms of both the number of rental business attendees and the number of rental businesses registered, according to the American Rental Association (ARA).
In addition, Events & Tents — the educational program for party and special event rental professionals — has sold out and will have its highest attendance since 2008.
Exhibitor interest in The Rental Show also remains high, according to ARA. There are 610 companies that will be exhibiting, with nearly 110 of those at the show for the first time.
“With The Rental Show only a few days away, we continue to hear optimistic and enthusiastic comments from those who will be attending and exhibiting,” said Christine Wehrman, executive vice president and CEO of the American Rental Association (ARA). “There is a positive feeling leading into the show as the economy starts to trend upward, which is an encouraging sign for the rental industry.”
Overall the rental industry is showing positive signs of recovery, according to the December 2010 data and forecasts from ARA’s Rental Market Monitor (an online subscription service available to ARA members). Based on industry-specific data compiled by IHS Global Insight, the forecast for 2011 is for rebounding construction activity, strong corporate profit growth and increased consumer spending.
Final registration numbers for 2011 will be released after The Rental Show, which is Feb. 27-March 2 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person930 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger394 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)342 Views
- Caterpillar unveils the CT680, a rugged work truck wrapped in style (PHOTOS)198 Views
- Lafarge announces rural road solution as a low-cost alternative to asphalt192 Views