AED president, CEO Toby Mack responds to Obama’s comments about Keystone XL pipeline job creation
Toby Mack, president and CEO of Associated Equipment Distributors (AED), today issued a statement in response to President Barack Obama’s recent comments on the job creation potential of construction of the Keystone XL pipeline. The president made the remarks during an interview with the New York Times, published last week.
Below is Mack’s statement:
“It’s sad that President Obama ignores his own senior advisors’ careful economic analysis of the job creation potential of Keystone XL, and instead chooses to parrot what he knows are purposeful misrepresentations of pipeline opponents promoting ideological extremism rather than America’s best interests. His own State Department has determined that the Keystone XL pipeline will create significant economic opportunity along with many thousands of good jobs throughout the economy to support the construction of this vital new and needed energy source.
“The State Department has found that the Keystone XL pipeline would potentially support more than 42,000 jobs across the country, translating to $2 billion in worker earnings. Many of the new jobs will be in the long-depressed construction sector. The State Department also concluded that direct expenditures, such as construction and material costs, would put an additional $3.3 billion into the economy. Put simply, the Keystone XL project benefits American consumers and workers, improves our energy and economic security, and strengthens our ties with our closest friend, ally and trading partner – Canada. It’s clear the pipeline serves our national interest and should be approved without delay.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park166 Views
- MSHA invites all mine health and safety trainers to join its training call on April 29160 Views
- NSSGA wants everyone to ask their representative to co-sponsor the Regulatory Integrity Protection Act (H.R. 1732) to stop proposed Waters of the U.S. rule131 Views