AED’s Mack speaks out on deficit-reduction proposal
In response, Toby Mack, president and CEO of Associated Equipment Distributors (AED), released the following statement.
“Congress should heed the call by Alan Simpson and Erskine Bowles to restore the Highway Trust Fund‘s (HTF) solvency by aligning spending and revenue. The only acceptable way to do that is to fix the revenue shortfall by raising the gas tax and/or identifying other new user fee revenues. A recent AED study found that, without new revenues, the HTF will incur a $365.5 billion deficit over the next 23 years. We look forward to working with lawmakers in the weeks and months ahead to resolve the transportation funding challenge as part of a broader tax and budget deal.”
To see the full report from Simpson and Bowles, click here.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production752 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success625 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies494 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting459 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned435 Views