AED’s Mack speaks out on deficit-reduction proposal
In response, Toby Mack, president and CEO of Associated Equipment Distributors (AED), released the following statement.
“Congress should heed the call by Alan Simpson and Erskine Bowles to restore the Highway Trust Fund‘s (HTF) solvency by aligning spending and revenue. The only acceptable way to do that is to fix the revenue shortfall by raising the gas tax and/or identifying other new user fee revenues. A recent AED study found that, without new revenues, the HTF will incur a $365.5 billion deficit over the next 23 years. We look forward to working with lawmakers in the weeks and months ahead to resolve the transportation funding challenge as part of a broader tax and budget deal.”
To see the full report from Simpson and Bowles, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill840 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability626 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]562 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure561 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 262 Views