AED’s Mack speaks out on deficit-reduction proposal
In response, Toby Mack, president and CEO of Associated Equipment Distributors (AED), released the following statement.
“Congress should heed the call by Alan Simpson and Erskine Bowles to restore the Highway Trust Fund‘s (HTF) solvency by aligning spending and revenue. The only acceptable way to do that is to fix the revenue shortfall by raising the gas tax and/or identifying other new user fee revenues. A recent AED study found that, without new revenues, the HTF will incur a $365.5 billion deficit over the next 23 years. We look forward to working with lawmakers in the weeks and months ahead to resolve the transportation funding challenge as part of a broader tax and budget deal.”
To see the full report from Simpson and Bowles, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry713 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets484 Views
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant255 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike228 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address218 Views