AED’s Mack speaks out on deficit-reduction proposal
In response, Toby Mack, president and CEO of Associated Equipment Distributors (AED), released the following statement.
“Congress should heed the call by Alan Simpson and Erskine Bowles to restore the Highway Trust Fund‘s (HTF) solvency by aligning spending and revenue. The only acceptable way to do that is to fix the revenue shortfall by raising the gas tax and/or identifying other new user fee revenues. A recent AED study found that, without new revenues, the HTF will incur a $365.5 billion deficit over the next 23 years. We look forward to working with lawmakers in the weeks and months ahead to resolve the transportation funding challenge as part of a broader tax and budget deal.”
To see the full report from Simpson and Bowles, click here.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 879 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life481 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers243 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts165 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning153 Views