AEM at ConExpo-Con/Agg: Focus on worker safety, worker shortages, and grassroots political action
The Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) says it will have a “significant presence” at the upcoming ConExpo-Con/Agg 2011 show March 22-26 in Las Vegas to promote workforce development, safety awareness and the value and important contributions of the construction and manufacturing industries.
Activities include the following:
- I Make America national grassroots campaign to strengthen American manufacturing and construction jobs
- Industry Investor Conference to connect member exhibitors and the industry to more “Wall Street” exposure
- Construction Challenge finals for the teen-focused competition spotlighting industry careers
- Safety and training outreach with materials that promote safety-conscious attitudes and performance and aid worker productivity
AEM will be in Booth L-3221 and L-3305 in the Grand Lobby outside Central Hall. CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2011 will be held March 22-26, 2011 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, USA, co-located with the IFPE and ICON Expo expositions.
AEM initiated the I Make America campaign in fall 2010 to promote U.S. manufacturing and construction jobs through infrastructure investment and export policies that help businesses sell their products internationally. Both are proven ways to create and sustain jobs for U.S. workers, and AEM invites show visitors to stop by the AEM booth L-3221 and join the campaign. The I Make America and related A Day in American Life websites are resources for workers in the manufacturing industry, as well as the businesses that rely on them and the communities they support, to send a powerful job-creation message to Congress. As a thank you, visitors can relax in the booth’s I Make America lounge area and “spin the wheel” for prizes. When: Show days, hours. Where: AEM booth L-3221.
In the Industry Investor Conference, AEM will spotlight member company capabilities and the industry’s scope to financial analysts who cover construction equipment manufacturing. Conference sponsors are Jefferies & Company, Goldman Sachs Group and ISI Group. AEM has conducted investor conferences at CONEXPO-CON/AGG since the 1999 show. When: March 23 (7:30 AM to 12:30 PM) Where: Room S-223 (invitation only).
AEM is a major resource for safety and training materials and the latest manuals, videos and related items will be on display at the AEM Booth L-3305. Booth visitors can register for a chance to win a GPS system and pick up take-away safety items including aerial work platform (AWP) booklets, stress ball construction hats and more. AEM will be polling attendees on their interest in AEM-provided classroom RTFL training. AEM safety materials will also be available at the show store as well as online.
In the AEM Construction Challenge presented by Volvo Construction Equipment, 24 student teams from across the U.S. and Canada will compete in the finals of this teen-oriented event. AEM designed the program to spur interest in construction careers and spotlight industry contributions to quality of life such as good roads and clean water. There are two finals challenges: In the “Road Rumble sponsored by Ditch Witch,” teams solve infrastructure problems with construction solutions to repair roads and bridges in an effort to improve highway efficiency. The second challenge, “H2 Oh Yeah,” is a game show-style competition with questions about infrastructure facts and policy. When: March 22 – 24. Where: In and near AEM booth L-3221 outside Central Hall.
AEM is ConExpo-Con/Agg show producer and a principal sponsor. Visit www.aem.org for more information about the association and its activities.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151035 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1009 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production687 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone409 Views