AEM commends White House for action on export agreements
The Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) and its member companies commend the White House for taking action on the export agreements for Colombia, Panama, and Korea. The White House has transmitted the implementing legislation for the FTAs to Congress.
“These three pro-American export policies are the most important trade legislation to come before Congress in years,” Dennis Slater, president of AEM, said in a press statement. “Eliminating the high tariffs placed on American manufactured goods will create tens of thousands of good-paying jobs throughout America and allow our manufacturers to better compete against foreign competition in these vital markets.”
As a critical initiative of AEM’s “I Make America” campaign, the association will work directly and with its industry partners to urge Congress to quickly approve these long-awaited agreements. “In this very challenging and partisan political environment, we urge Congress to show the world and millions of unemployed Americans that they can work together to improve the economy and create jobs,” added Slater.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter436 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars313 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)270 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections265 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees252 Views