AEM commends White House for action on export agreements
The Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) and its member companies commend the White House for taking action on the export agreements for Colombia, Panama, and Korea. The White House has transmitted the implementing legislation for the FTAs to Congress.
“These three pro-American export policies are the most important trade legislation to come before Congress in years,” Dennis Slater, president of AEM, said in a press statement. “Eliminating the high tariffs placed on American manufactured goods will create tens of thousands of good-paying jobs throughout America and allow our manufacturers to better compete against foreign competition in these vital markets.”
As a critical initiative of AEM’s “I Make America” campaign, the association will work directly and with its industry partners to urge Congress to quickly approve these long-awaited agreements. “In this very challenging and partisan political environment, we urge Congress to show the world and millions of unemployed Americans that they can work together to improve the economy and create jobs,” added Slater.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill431 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers409 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg310 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award188 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions180 Views