AEM to Congress, President: ‘Act now on infrastructure investment’
The Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) is calling on the President and Congress to “act now on infrastructure investment and free trade agreements” to spur job growth.
AEM President Dennis Slater issued the following statement in response to the disappointing May jobs report:
“Today’s job numbers are disappointing but not surprising, given the lack of focus in Washington on passing policies proven to generate real, sustainable job growth.
“Until Congress and the Administration agree to make America’s farmers and manufacturers a national priority by passing free trade agreements and investing in critical national infrastructure — both proven drivers of economic growth — unemployment will remain unacceptably high and our economy will continue to stagnate.
“These job numbers don’t lie. It’s way past time for Congress to take the action needed — and proven — to drive job growth and a real and long-lasting economic recovery in the United States. If they really want to turn this situation around, they will move immediately to pass all three pending free trade agreements and a fully-funded, long-term surface transportation bill. That’s what will get this country working again.”
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151630 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151071 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1030 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production729 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success539 Views