AGC: Construction employment up in 29 states
Association officials said that temporary stimulus funding has helped the industry, but that most firms were worried about business levels for next year. They added that private, state and local demand for construction remains weak, while long-term federal infrastructure programs and tax rates remain in limbo.
“We won’t see sustained job growth until the private sector picks up and long-term federal plans are clear,” Stephen E. Sandherr, AGC’s CEO, says in a press release.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting949 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem917 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve471 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime229 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: May 13, 2013185 Views