AGC recognizes Turner Construction for safety
The Associated General Contractors of America recognized Turner Construction Co. as one of the safest construction companies in the United States with a 2011 Construction Safety and Excellence Award (CSEA). This is the second time Turner, the nation’s leading general builder, has received a first place finish in the “Over Four Million Work Hours” category.
“Turner’s company-wide commitment to safety ensures that every worker goes home from each of our jobs every day,” said Matt Papenfus, senior vice president of Turner, in a written statement. “Turner is proud to receive this award and to offer a safe working environment for its employees – throughout Texas and across the country.”
The purpose of the CSEA is to recognize those construction companies who excel at safety performance. Judges look for evidence of management commitment, active employee participation, safety training, work site hazard identification and control and safety program innovation.
In its presentation to the judges, Turner highlighted its innovative Building L.I.F.E., Ladders Last,Nothing Hits the Ground and programs along with other safety programs that set exemplary standards for safety at all Turner construction sites. Turner also emphasized its more than 30 individual training programs including the 100-percent online Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) 30-hour course, regular safety stand downs and toolbox talk programs.
Judges for the CSEA came from Willis, the Army Corps of Engineers, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, the Bureau of Certified Safety Professionals and Southern Company Services.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility825 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections471 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest390 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company374 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?329 Views