AGC to lobby GOP during July 4 recess
Officials from Associated General Contractors of America have plans to call and make office visits to certain GOP members during the Fourth of July recess to urge Congress to increase the visa limit, according to our sister site Equipment World.
This comes as the House of Representatives prepares to consider the immigration bill that recently passed the Senate.
The construction industry receives 15,000 of the 200,000 foreign guest worker visas available each year.
In addition to AGC’s efforts, Representatives Raúl R. Labrador (R-Idaho) and Ted Poe (R-Tex.) are working to draft a bill that would give construction industry officials visas close to the number they want.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1595 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”262 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention171 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban125 Views