AGC to lobby GOP during July 4 recess
Officials from Associated General Contractors of America have plans to call and make office visits to certain GOP members during the Fourth of July recess to urge Congress to increase the visa limit, according to our sister site Equipment World.
This comes as the House of Representatives prepares to consider the immigration bill that recently passed the Senate.
The construction industry receives 15,000 of the 200,000 foreign guest worker visas available each year.
In addition to AGC’s efforts, Representatives Raúl R. Labrador (R-Idaho) and Ted Poe (R-Tex.) are working to draft a bill that would give construction industry officials visas close to the number they want.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2302 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...539 Views
- How to become a more productive worker309 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies307 Views