AGC to lobby GOP during July 4 recess
Officials from Associated General Contractors of America have plans to call and make office visits to certain GOP members during the Fourth of July recess to urge Congress to increase the visa limit, according to our sister site Equipment World.
This comes as the House of Representatives prepares to consider the immigration bill that recently passed the Senate.
The construction industry receives 15,000 of the 200,000 foreign guest worker visas available each year.
In addition to AGC’s efforts, Representatives Raúl R. Labrador (R-Idaho) and Ted Poe (R-Tex.) are working to draft a bill that would give construction industry officials visas close to the number they want.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 897 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers288 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views