AGC to lobby GOP during July 4 recess
Officials from Associated General Contractors of America have plans to call and make office visits to certain GOP members during the Fourth of July recess to urge Congress to increase the visa limit, according to our sister site Equipment World.
This comes as the House of Representatives prepares to consider the immigration bill that recently passed the Senate.
The construction industry receives 15,000 of the 200,000 foreign guest worker visas available each year.
In addition to AGC’s efforts, Representatives Raúl R. Labrador (R-Idaho) and Ted Poe (R-Tex.) are working to draft a bill that would give construction industry officials visas close to the number they want.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success625 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies479 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned468 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting459 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone245 Views