AGC to lobby GOP during July 4 recess
Officials from Associated General Contractors of America have plans to call and make office visits to certain GOP members during the Fourth of July recess to urge Congress to increase the visa limit, according to our sister site Equipment World.
This comes as the House of Representatives prepares to consider the immigration bill that recently passed the Senate.
The construction industry receives 15,000 of the 200,000 foreign guest worker visas available each year.
In addition to AGC’s efforts, Representatives Raúl R. Labrador (R-Idaho) and Ted Poe (R-Tex.) are working to draft a bill that would give construction industry officials visas close to the number they want.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs751 Views
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year364 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries315 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs212 Views