June 2009 – Information Library
Electrical hazards curriculum
The new Contren Learning Series Managing Electrical Hazards module introduces trainees and their supervisors to electrical hazards in the workplace and how to avoid them. Topics also include how to select specialized personal protection equipment for electrical work, how to analyze and document shock and arc flash hazards, and how to plan and conduct work around them. National Center for Construction Education and Research.
Preventive maintenance textbook
The recently released Modern Diesel Technology: Preventive Maintenance and Inspection textbook by John Dixon details procedures for maintenance and inspection of medium and heavy trucks. The 386-page book features 17 chapters, each broken into specific areas for easy reference. Included are sections such as Inspection Procedure, Federal Inspection Regulations, Record Keeping Requirements, and PM Software. Delmar Cengage.
Tips to thrive in this economy
A free booklet, 10 Strategies to Help You Thrive in the Economic Downturn, offers advice on how to cut material handling costs and expenses. Topics include parts replacement and maintenance, exploring financing options, and the advantages of fleet management. Hyster Co.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve517 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry255 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature247 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky211 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia123 Views