AGG1 Cemex’s Balcones Quarry and Cement Plant tour
This year, AGG1 will offer a tour of Cemex’s Balcones Quarry in nearby New Braunfels, Texas. The tour is scheduled from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, March 18. Buses will begin loading at 12:30 p.m. If you haven’t already registered for the tour, the cost will be $60 onsite. The tour is open to all AGG1 and World of Asphalt attendees and will be limited to the first 150 registrants.
In addition to being one of the nation’s top-producing quarries, Balcones Quarry is committed to sustainability, biodiversity, and energy efficiency. It has earned the designation as a Certified Wildlife Habitat in 2012 and received 2011 Energy Star certification. The tour will highlight Balcones’ efforts to improve energy efficiency and responsibly manage the lands within and around the operation.
Balcones Quarry also has been involved in many community relations programs, including a program that included the renovation of the Children’s Library, in partnership with the Edward Aquifer Authority and the New Braunfels Public Library, which brings awareness to children and their parents about the Edwards Aquifer and its importance to Central Texas.
Read more about Balcones Quarry in the February issue of Aggregates Manager, in print or in the digital edition.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry475 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry313 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)279 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views