AGG1 Cemex’s Balcones Quarry and Cement Plant tour
This year, AGG1 will offer a tour of Cemex’s Balcones Quarry in nearby New Braunfels, Texas. The tour is scheduled from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, March 18. Buses will begin loading at 12:30 p.m. If you haven’t already registered for the tour, the cost will be $60 onsite. The tour is open to all AGG1 and World of Asphalt attendees and will be limited to the first 150 registrants.
In addition to being one of the nation’s top-producing quarries, Balcones Quarry is committed to sustainability, biodiversity, and energy efficiency. It has earned the designation as a Certified Wildlife Habitat in 2012 and received 2011 Energy Star certification. The tour will highlight Balcones’ efforts to improve energy efficiency and responsibly manage the lands within and around the operation.
Balcones Quarry also has been involved in many community relations programs, including a program that included the renovation of the Children’s Library, in partnership with the Edward Aquifer Authority and the New Braunfels Public Library, which brings awareness to children and their parents about the Edwards Aquifer and its importance to Central Texas.
Read more about Balcones Quarry in the February issue of Aggregates Manager, in print or in the digital edition.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve524 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry246 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky210 Views
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting191 Views
- Bobcat breaks ground on $20 million Bismarck expansion110 Views