Aggmen in Training
I have two young grandsons, ages 2 and 4, who visit me quite often. When they visit, one of their favorite things to do is watch the videos I’ve taken at aggregate quarries. While we watch the videos, we talk about what type of machine is being used and what it’s doing. They especially love watching haul trucks dump their loads. The older one already knows the difference between an excavator and a wheel loader, which I don’t think I fully understood until I started working for Aggregates Manager magazine. When they get tired of videos, they go out in the backyard to play in the sandbox with their dad’s and uncles’ old Tonka toys. Yes, I admit it. I kept my three sons’ old beat-up “diggers” all these years, just hoping that some little boys would come along and play with them again. Much to my delight, they have. I guess you could say that I now have two young Aggmen in training. Anyone hiring in a few years?
I’m sure many of you have your own Aggmen in training. We’d love to see pictures of them and share them with our readers. Just post them on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/aggregatesmanager, or email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program583 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana417 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas390 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents291 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials208 Views