Aggmen in Training
I have two young grandsons, ages 2 and 4, who visit me quite often. When they visit, one of their favorite things to do is watch the videos I’ve taken at aggregate quarries. While we watch the videos, we talk about what type of machine is being used and what it’s doing. They especially love watching haul trucks dump their loads. The older one already knows the difference between an excavator and a wheel loader, which I don’t think I fully understood until I started working for Aggregates Manager magazine. When they get tired of videos, they go out in the backyard to play in the sandbox with their dad’s and uncles’ old Tonka toys. Yes, I admit it. I kept my three sons’ old beat-up “diggers” all these years, just hoping that some little boys would come along and play with them again. Much to my delight, they have. I guess you could say that I now have two young Aggmen in training. Anyone hiring in a few years?
I’m sure many of you have your own Aggmen in training. We’d love to see pictures of them and share them with our readers. Just post them on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/aggregatesmanager, or email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting972 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve507 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime245 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry245 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem204 Views