Aggmen in Training
I have two young grandsons, ages 2 and 4, who visit me quite often. When they visit, one of their favorite things to do is watch the videos I’ve taken at aggregate quarries. While we watch the videos, we talk about what type of machine is being used and what it’s doing. They especially love watching haul trucks dump their loads. The older one already knows the difference between an excavator and a wheel loader, which I don’t think I fully understood until I started working for Aggregates Manager magazine. When they get tired of videos, they go out in the backyard to play in the sandbox with their dad’s and uncles’ old Tonka toys. Yes, I admit it. I kept my three sons’ old beat-up “diggers” all these years, just hoping that some little boys would come along and play with them again. Much to my delight, they have. I guess you could say that I now have two young Aggmen in training. Anyone hiring in a few years?
I’m sure many of you have your own Aggmen in training. We’d love to see pictures of them and share them with our readers. Just post them on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/aggregatesmanager, or email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park163 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views