Aggregate Industries US facilities win Safety Achievement Awards
The award recognizes the facilities for accomplishing a Zero Lost Time Accident Rate in 2012, which is based on a company’s lost time injuries (LTI) record. An LTI is an accident that requires an employee to take time off for recovery.
The Illinois Department of Mines and Minerals gave the award to Dyer Lake Pit #34 located in Burlington, Wisconsin; Algonquin Pit #5 located in Algonquin, Illinois; and McHenry West Pit #26 located in McHenry, Illinois.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry318 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)279 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views