Aggregate Industries US facilities win Safety Achievement Awards
The award recognizes the facilities for accomplishing a Zero Lost Time Accident Rate in 2012, which is based on a company’s lost time injuries (LTI) record. An LTI is an accident that requires an employee to take time off for recovery.
The Illinois Department of Mines and Minerals gave the award to Dyer Lake Pit #34 located in Burlington, Wisconsin; Algonquin Pit #5 located in Algonquin, Illinois; and McHenry West Pit #26 located in McHenry, Illinois.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1062 Views
- Martin Marietta mine among 18 cited during MSHA monthly inspection in April644 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts358 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry357 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration338 Views