Aggregate Industries US facilities win Safety Achievement Awards
The award recognizes the facilities for accomplishing a Zero Lost Time Accident Rate in 2012, which is based on a company’s lost time injuries (LTI) record. An LTI is an accident that requires an employee to take time off for recovery.
The Illinois Department of Mines and Minerals gave the award to Dyer Lake Pit #34 located in Burlington, Wisconsin; Algonquin Pit #5 located in Algonquin, Illinois; and McHenry West Pit #26 located in McHenry, Illinois.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter436 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars313 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)270 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections265 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees252 Views