Aggregate Industries US partners with Smithsonian
Aggregate Industries US (AIUS), a Holcim Group Co., partnered with the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History‘s Rock On! A Family Festival on Rocks and Geology, an educational event about geology held Sept. 29. The event featured different activities about rocks and minerals on the Earth and in the solar system.
AIUS donated a unique rock, rodingite, that is found in one of its local quarries. Rodingite is a rare rock composed of mostly garnet and other calcium silicates.
“As part of the community local to Washington, DC,” said Vince Bush, senior vice president, Aggregate Industries US Mid-Atlantic Region, “we are honored to support the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History and their effort to educate those that visit the Museum about the importance of rocks.”
The festival took place on Saturday, Sept. 29, at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person413 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger376 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks360 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)338 Views