Aggregate Industries US partners with Smithsonian
Aggregate Industries US (AIUS), a Holcim Group Co., partnered with the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History‘s Rock On! A Family Festival on Rocks and Geology, an educational event about geology held Sept. 29. The event featured different activities about rocks and minerals on the Earth and in the solar system.
AIUS donated a unique rock, rodingite, that is found in one of its local quarries. Rodingite is a rare rock composed of mostly garnet and other calcium silicates.
“As part of the community local to Washington, DC,” said Vince Bush, senior vice president, Aggregate Industries US Mid-Atlantic Region, “we are honored to support the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History and their effort to educate those that visit the Museum about the importance of rocks.”
The festival took place on Saturday, Sept. 29, at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1345 Views
- Martin Marietta sees business results soar412 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”248 Views
- Man dies in silo accident at Texas concrete plant216 Views