Aggregate Industries US partners with Smithsonian
Aggregate Industries US (AIUS), a Holcim Group Co., partnered with the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History‘s Rock On! A Family Festival on Rocks and Geology, an educational event about geology held Sept. 29. The event featured different activities about rocks and minerals on the Earth and in the solar system.
AIUS donated a unique rock, rodingite, that is found in one of its local quarries. Rodingite is a rare rock composed of mostly garnet and other calcium silicates.
“As part of the community local to Washington, DC,” said Vince Bush, senior vice president, Aggregate Industries US Mid-Atlantic Region, “we are honored to support the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History and their effort to educate those that visit the Museum about the importance of rocks.”
The festival took place on Saturday, Sept. 29, at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations255 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show241 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers238 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs184 Views
- Rare dinosaur skeleton found in quarry sells for more than $544,000156 Views