Aggregate Industries US partners with Smithsonian
Aggregate Industries US (AIUS), a Holcim Group Co., partnered with the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History‘s Rock On! A Family Festival on Rocks and Geology, an educational event about geology held Sept. 29. The event featured different activities about rocks and minerals on the Earth and in the solar system.
AIUS donated a unique rock, rodingite, that is found in one of its local quarries. Rodingite is a rare rock composed of mostly garnet and other calcium silicates.
“As part of the community local to Washington, DC,” said Vince Bush, senior vice president, Aggregate Industries US Mid-Atlantic Region, “we are honored to support the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History and their effort to educate those that visit the Museum about the importance of rocks.”
The festival took place on Saturday, Sept. 29, at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views