Aggregates Handbook, 2nd edition, available Nov. 1
The National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA), in conjunction with industry and academic experts, staff and consultants, is releasing comprehensive reference-tool The Aggregates Handbook, second edition, on Nov. 1, 2012.
Orders placed before Oct. 15, 2012, are entitled to bulk pricing for single-copy purchases by calling (800) 342-1415 or purchasing online at www.nssga.org/handbook.
The Aggregates Handbook was developed to provide a convenient reference source suitable for use by aggregates industry personnel, consulting engineers, contractors, builders, government agencies and students interested in pursuing careers in the aggregates industry. Building on the work of the original Aggregate Handbook published in 1991 by the National Stone Association (with an electronic supplement in 2005 by NSSGA), the new edition offers updated content and expanded coverage on all aspects of the crushed stone, sand and gravel production industry. Topics include sustainability, production technology, safety, transportation, geology, plant processing, design, technology standards and industry trends.
The handbook focuses on three major areas of the aggregates industry:
1. The first major area outlines the steps of locating, mining, processing and transporting aggregates material from a deposit to the marketplace.
2. The second major area focuses on the users of crushed stone, sand and gravel.
3. The third major area provides information on aggregates specifications and standards as well as on sampling, testing and quality-control principles.
The 800-plus-page second edition of The Aggregates Handbook will be released in both hardcopy and electronic form. Future editions are planned on a five-year cycle.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities515 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company413 Views
- Location is key for Dolese Bros. Co.'s Davis Quarry407 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register374 Views
- A total of 27 states have sued the Obama administration over the new EPA water rule338 Views