Aggregates Producer Plays Santa
As the holiday season is at hand, Pennsylvania-based Martin Stone Quarries is doing its part to bring a little joy to young members of its community.
It once again took part in the Shop with a Cop program, which raises funds used to purchase gifts for disadvantaged and military families.
Martin Stone Quarries has been a sponsor of the event since 1997 and has contributed more than $35,000 toward holiday shopping for the children in the district.
According to Rod Martin, vice president of Martin Stone Quarries and the 2013 AggMan of the Year, D.A.R.E. officers work with the guidance counselors from local schools to identify which children may benefit from a little extra spending money during the holidays.
Martin Stone Quarries was one of many sponsors of its local event. In addition to its financial contribution, Martin Stone Quarries also gave each participating child a Martin Stone Quarries t-shirt.
This year, for the first time, children from all six local elementary schools were able to participate; 24 children in all.
“It was great to see as the children were checking out the amount of presents that they bought for their family members,” Martin says. “While they did buy toys for themselves, it was very heartwarming to see the gifts they bought for others.”
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina361 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity327 Views
- Transportation funding extended through Dec. 4 as House and Senate work out long-term bill254 Views
- Martin Marietta names new executive vice president223 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law214 Views