Aggregates Producer Plays Santa
As the holiday season is at hand, Pennsylvania-based Martin Stone Quarries is doing its part to bring a little joy to young members of its community.
It once again took part in the Shop with a Cop program, which raises funds used to purchase gifts for disadvantaged and military families.
Martin Stone Quarries has been a sponsor of the event since 1997 and has contributed more than $35,000 toward holiday shopping for the children in the district.
According to Rod Martin, vice president of Martin Stone Quarries and the 2013 AggMan of the Year, D.A.R.E. officers work with the guidance counselors from local schools to identify which children may benefit from a little extra spending money during the holidays.
Martin Stone Quarries was one of many sponsors of its local event. In addition to its financial contribution, Martin Stone Quarries also gave each participating child a Martin Stone Quarries t-shirt.
This year, for the first time, children from all six local elementary schools were able to participate; 24 children in all.
“It was great to see as the children were checking out the amount of presents that they bought for their family members,” Martin says. “While they did buy toys for themselves, it was very heartwarming to see the gifts they bought for others.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry319 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views