Aggregates Producer Plays Santa
As the holiday season is at hand, Pennsylvania-based Martin Stone Quarries is doing its part to bring a little joy to young members of its community.
It once again took part in the Shop with a Cop program, which raises funds used to purchase gifts for disadvantaged and military families.
Martin Stone Quarries has been a sponsor of the event since 1997 and has contributed more than $35,000 toward holiday shopping for the children in the district.
According to Rod Martin, vice president of Martin Stone Quarries and the 2013 AggMan of the Year, D.A.R.E. officers work with the guidance counselors from local schools to identify which children may benefit from a little extra spending money during the holidays.
Martin Stone Quarries was one of many sponsors of its local event. In addition to its financial contribution, Martin Stone Quarries also gave each participating child a Martin Stone Quarries t-shirt.
This year, for the first time, children from all six local elementary schools were able to participate; 24 children in all.
“It was great to see as the children were checking out the amount of presents that they bought for their family members,” Martin says. “While they did buy toys for themselves, it was very heartwarming to see the gifts they bought for others.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2406 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...584 Views
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry348 Views
- How to become a more productive worker318 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus229 Views