Aggregates veteran honored by Junior Achievement
Many members of the aggregates industry take community service seriously; a fact underscored earlier this month when Sean McLanahan, CEO and sixth-generation family owner of Hollidaysburg, Pa.-based McLanahan Corp., was awarded the Paul I. Detwiler III Achievement Award from Junior Achievement of Western PA.
The award, named for Paul I. Detwiler, III, president and CEO of New Enterprise Lime Stone and Lime Co. and current chairman of the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association, recognizes individuals from Pennyslvania’s Alleghenies region who have made significant contributions to the social, economic, educational, and cultural development of the region.
“I am honored to be part of the Junior Achievement organization,” McLanahan says. “I’ve seen firsthand the need for financial management education and am looking forward to help make a difference. Programs like this one will go a long way in helping students become financially responsible.”
McLanahan was recently appointed to the Junior Achievement Board of Directors in Blair County, Pa., where he is helping the organization grow and expand its local impact. He and the company are supporting Junior Achievement goals, and company employees have joined the effort by presenting in-class curriculum to local schools.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger143 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views