Aggregates veteran honored by Junior Achievement
Many members of the aggregates industry take community service seriously; a fact underscored earlier this month when Sean McLanahan, CEO and sixth-generation family owner of Hollidaysburg, Pa.-based McLanahan Corp., was awarded the Paul I. Detwiler III Achievement Award from Junior Achievement of Western PA.
The award, named for Paul I. Detwiler, III, president and CEO of New Enterprise Lime Stone and Lime Co. and current chairman of the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association, recognizes individuals from Pennyslvania’s Alleghenies region who have made significant contributions to the social, economic, educational, and cultural development of the region.
“I am honored to be part of the Junior Achievement organization,” McLanahan says. “I’ve seen firsthand the need for financial management education and am looking forward to help make a difference. Programs like this one will go a long way in helping students become financially responsible.”
McLanahan was recently appointed to the Junior Achievement Board of Directors in Blair County, Pa., where he is helping the organization grow and expand its local impact. He and the company are supporting Junior Achievement goals, and company employees have joined the effort by presenting in-class curriculum to local schools.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars320 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)285 Views
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)274 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees269 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter202 Views