Aggregates veteran honored by Junior Achievement
Many members of the aggregates industry take community service seriously; a fact underscored earlier this month when Sean McLanahan, CEO and sixth-generation family owner of Hollidaysburg, Pa.-based McLanahan Corp., was awarded the Paul I. Detwiler III Achievement Award from Junior Achievement of Western PA.
The award, named for Paul I. Detwiler, III, president and CEO of New Enterprise Lime Stone and Lime Co. and current chairman of the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association, recognizes individuals from Pennyslvania’s Alleghenies region who have made significant contributions to the social, economic, educational, and cultural development of the region.
“I am honored to be part of the Junior Achievement organization,” McLanahan says. “I’ve seen firsthand the need for financial management education and am looking forward to help make a difference. Programs like this one will go a long way in helping students become financially responsible.”
McLanahan was recently appointed to the Junior Achievement Board of Directors in Blair County, Pa., where he is helping the organization grow and expand its local impact. He and the company are supporting Junior Achievement goals, and company employees have joined the effort by presenting in-class curriculum to local schools.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger456 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources445 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities403 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register370 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company359 Views