Leica PowerDigger 3D: Cutting-Edge Excavator Guidance
April 23rd, 2010
Company: LEICA Geosystems Inc
Category: 3D Machine Controls
(Heerbrugg, 22 April 2010) Leica Geosystems releases its next-generation, cutting-edge, 3D guidance system for excavating construction machines, Leica PowerDigger 3D. Leica PowerDigger 3D expands Leica Geosystems’ unique PowerSnap concept, which provides total flexibility and interchangeability of machine control products and of machines such as excavators, dozers, and graders. PowerDigger 3D is the result of many years of experience in developing machine control systems.
Unique PowerSnap concept makes it easy to swap panels
Thanks to PowerSnap, machine guidance systems are no longer restricted to just one machine. PowerSnap allows users to swap panels between laser, slope, and 3D machine control completely seamlessly as the job demands. PowerSnap also provides a cable-free system: data communication via infrared and induction for power supply offer contractors high reliability and system uptime. Leica Geosystems provides machine control solutions for diggers, dozers, and graders that can now use the XC16 control panel with the corresponding 2D or 3D software.
PowerSnap also lets new customers manage their investment path as they move into machine control; offering complete backwards compatibility and affordable upgrade paths from traditional laser/slope control – all the way to 3D. Additionally, the easy removal of panels helps deter theft and vandalism – an ideal solution for rental machine fleets.
A wide range of features and benefits
Leica PowerDigger 3D software offers direct support for popular 3D design models (CAD) – meaning no interpretation of drawings and no need for stakeout. With full 3D visualization, operators know exactly where the bucket of the excavator is and where it needs to be positioned. The system supports full GNSS (GPS & GLONASS) coverage as standard, which provides maximum coverage and uptime on most job sites. Thanks to its high-performance graphic display, the system is intuitive to use, allowing operators to quickly gain confidence with the system.
The Leica PowerDigger 3D control panel has a rugged housing and is equipped with a 7-inch full-color touch screen that takes the user through the installation, setup, and operating modes at a glance. Simple design models can even be created directly on the jobsite. The system supports a wide range of popular data formats including LandXML, DXF/DWG surface models, Polylines, and all GEO formats etc. The system also features built-in dredging and volume calculations.
2D and 3D “out of the box”
Leica PowerDigger 3D provides a fully functional 2D system at no extra cost. The system can be easily upgraded and is fully scalable from basic 2D to full 3D capability in the same control panel – one option does not exclude the other – and, if the machine loses GNSS coverage, the digger drivers can continue in “2D mode” with full functionality.
A managed investment path
For 3D solutions, Leica Geosystems offers a simple upgrade path: Contractors that are not sure whether they want to make the whole investment today can simply buy a 3D-ready panel and upgrade later to suit to their needs. For those who only need 3D for a short period, Leica Geosystems or a distribution partner can rent Leica GNSS sensors / Leica Total Stations as well as 3D software.
All 3D Machine Controls:
LEICA Geosystems Inc
- Leica Geosystems to Crown the Best Dozer Operator of 2008 During CONEXPO-CON/AGG - Leica PowerGrade Challenge Set to Steal the Show.
- Leica Geosystems Introduces Speedy, Accurate PowerDigger Automated Excavation System at the 2008 World of Concrete
- Leica Geosystems readies to launch 10 new products that incorporate a series of advanced construction solutions, each developed to deliver operational flexibility, unprecedented power and speed for increased productivity and profits
- New Leica RedLine Cuts Survey and Layout Costs from Design to As-Built
- Leica PowerDigger 3D Saves in operating costs by eliminating stakeout and grade checking downtime while easing excavation of complex surfaces.
- Leica PowerDigger 3D: Cutting-Edge Excavator Guidance
Topcon Positioning Systems Inc
- Topcon LS-B100 series sets new standards for high-value, machine control sensors
- Topcon™s Z63 & G63 kits expand 3D control flexibility for dozers and motor graders
- GCS300 Grade Control SystemSingle Elevation
- Economical, Stand-alone Laser-based Machine Control System
- GCS400 Grade Control System
- Trimble CCS900 Compaction Control System
- GCS600 Grade Control System for Excavators
- GCS600 Grade Control System Cross-Slope and Elevation Control
- GCS500 Grade Control System Cross Slope Control
- Trimble GCS900 Grade Control System Designed for Faster Grading Without Sacrificing Accuracy
Manufacturers of 3D Machine Controls:
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Aggregates Manager Magazine, and Aggregates Manager Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1601 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”262 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention176 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban128 Views