February 19th, 2008
Company: Hydac Corporation
Category: All Types Accumulators
Fluids are practically incompressible and cannot therefore store pressure energy. The compressibility of a gas (nitrogen) is utilized in hydro-pnuematic accumulators for storing fluids. HYDAC bladder accumulators are designed on this principle, using nitrogen as the compressible medium.
The bladder accumulator consists of a fluid section and a gas section, with the bladder acting as a gas-proof screen. The fluid around the bladder is connected with the hydraulic circuit, so that the bladder accumulator draws in fluid when the pressure increases thus compressing the gas. When the pressure drops, the compressed gas expands and forces the stored fluid into the circuit.
Not all fluids are compatible with every elastomer at all temperatures. HYDAC offers the foilowing choice of elastomers:
- NBR (standard nitrile)
- LT-NBR (low temperature nitrile)
- ECO (epichlorohydrin)
- IIR (butyl)
- EPR (ehtylene propylene)
- FPM (fluorelastomer)
HYDAC bladder accumulators consist of a welded or forged pressure vessel (shell), a bladder and ports for gas and fluid inlet. The gas and fluid sides are separated by the bladder.
HYDAC offers internal and/or external protective coatings. If this is insufficient, stainless steel is also available.
Manufacturers of All Types Accumulators:
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Aggregates Manager Magazine, and Aggregates Manager Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1159 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1035 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program585 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas351 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views