Baldor’s New Dodge® Type EXL Bearing Offers Enhanced Features for Increased Reliability
September 5th, 2012
Company: Baldor Electric Company
Fort Smith, Ark. – Baldor Electric Company introduces the new Dodge Type EXL tapered roller bearing that provides both misalignment and expansion capability, while maintaining industry standard Type E mounting dimensions. This new design incorporates a cartridge-style inner unit into a split ductile iron housing.
The split-housing design allows the inner unit to swivel freely in the housing allowing up to +/- 4 degrees of static misalignment. Standard Type E products offer virtually no misalignment and are not available in an expansion design. Mounting dimensions are equivalent to any standard Dodge or competitor’s Type E dimensioned product. The totally sealed inner unit incorporates the Dodge XTS triple-lip seal for increased protection in harsh environments. The housing is made from ductile iron for added strength versus cast iron products.
The Type EXL utilizes the new Dodge tapered roller bearings manufactured in Marion, North Carolina. The new bearing design offers a 13% to 14% increase in load ratings over the previous tapered bearing design. The new design is available in both two- and four-bolt pillow blocks and utilizes the same inner unit for both expansion and non-expansion housings. Bore sizes range from 1-3/16 to 5 inches.
The Dodge Type EXL will increase reliability and decrease downtime by offering better sealing, misalignment capability and load ratings versus the competition.
Baldor Electric Company (www.baldor.com) is a leading marketer, designer and manufacturer of energy-saving industrial electric motors, mechanical power transmission products, drives and generators. Baldor, a member of the ABB group, is headquartered in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
Baldor Electric Company
Emerson Industrial Automation
FAG Bearings Corp Schaeffler Group Industrial
Timken Company (The)
Manufacturers of Bearings:
- Costex Tractor Parts
- FAG Bearings Corp Schaeffler Group Industrial
- Lift Technologies Inc
- Lord Corporation
- NSK Corporation
- NTN Bearing Corporation of America
- P and H Mining Equipment
- Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Perfection Gear Inc
- RCP Inc
- RR USA Inc
- Timken Company (The)
- Track One USA
- TriStar Plastics Corp
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Aggregates Manager Magazine, and Aggregates Manager Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views