ESCO Blades and End Bits
November 25th, 2008
Company: ESCO Corporation
Category: Blade Attachments (Earthmoving)
Because dozing operations at most mine and construction sites are among the toughest jobs, ESCO developed All-Cast ground engaging tools (GET) for dozers. Available for most popular CAT® and Komatsu models above 280 HP, All-Cast ground engaging tools (GET) are specifically designed to match each model™s requirements and ensure optimum performance.
The All-Cast Blades and End Bits Difference
Unlike rolled steel versions where bolt holes and bevels are machined in, ESCO casts its blades and end bits to shape when the metal is poured. The casting process allows ESCO engineers to use through-hardening steel alloys and put the steel where it is needed.
The ESCO Advantage
- The metal is cast where it is needed, reducing throwaway and lowering operating costs.
- ESCO alloy 12S, a 514 BHN steel provides greater hardness, with unmatched resistance to impact and abrasion.
- Longer wear life reduces maintenance and increases production.
- Reduced chance of breakage keeps machines operating.
In addition to standard All-Cast blades and end bits, ESCO offers the D11 Package and Carry Dozer Packages, with even more benefits.
- Blades have 16% more wear metal than previous offerings, which balances wear between blades and end bits.
- End bits have 56% more wear metal than previous offerings.
- Wear metal is located in areas where it achieves optimum strength and performance for carry dozer applications.
- D11 provides increased safety and ease of installation, with lifting eyes on all components.
- Machined bearing pads ensure an even load distribution.
Bucyrus Blades Dozer Blades and End Bits
Bucyrus Blades dozer products are available in the following alloys:
- ForgeTemp® Steel Plate – High carbon roll-forged steel, designed for highly abrasive, moderate impact conditions.
- MaxTemp®Steel Plate – Heat treatedthrough-hardened steel gives maximum protection against impact breakage in the toughest digging conditions without sacrificing wear life.
- Carbide Plus Embedded Plate – May greatly extend wear life over conventional edges in moderate impact conditions. This product is produced by embedding carbide particles into a heat-treated base metal, bonding the metals together forming a unified steel with greatly enhanced wear properties. All Bucyrus Blades Carbide Plus products are fully warranted to provide cost-effective service in factory recommended applications.
- Hot cupped, drop corner end bits are thicker throughout and self-sharpening for maximum penetration.
- Straight type end bits are superior for level cuts.
- Up to 75% increased strength
- Up to 136% more working steel below the moldboard
- Strengthens the moldboard assembly
- Fewer changes for increased production
All Blade Attachments (Earthmoving):
- Coal U-Blades
- Angle Blades
- Landfill U Blades
- Two-Way Blades
- Dozer Blades
- Variable Radius Blades
- Woodchip U-Blades
- Reclamation U-Blades
- Trim Blades
- Landfill Straight Tilt Blades
- Straight Blades
- Semi-U Blades
- Cushion Dozer Blades And Push Blocks
- EDGE Hi-Reach Tree Clipper by CEAttachments, Inc.
- EDGE Tree Shears by CEAttachments, Inc.
- EDGE® V-Blade by CEAttachments, Inc.
- EDGE® Snow Blades by CEAttachments, Inc.
- EDGE® Trip Edge Snow Blades by CEAttachments, Inc.
- EDGE® Rock Wheel by CEAttachments, Inc.
- EDGE® Dozer Blades by CEAttachments, Inc.
- EDGE® Grader Attachment by CEAttachments, Inc
Leon's Mfg Company Inc
Manufacturers of Blade Attachments (Earthmoving):
- AGCO Corporation
- Alamo Group Inc
- Ammbusher Inc
- Bobcat Company
- Bush Hog LLC
- Case Construction
- Caterpillar Inc
- Degelman Industries Ltd
- Ditch Witch
- ESCO Corporation
- Erskine Attachments
- Gradall Company
- Grouser Products
- Ingersoll Rand Construction Technologies
- Kenco Corporation
- Leon's Mfg Company Inc
- Paladin Light Construction (IA]
- PowerTech Canada Inc
- Rockland Manufacturing Company
- Weldco-Beales Manufacturing Alberta Ltd
- Werk-Brau Company Inc
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Aggregates Manager Magazine, and Aggregates Manager Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show257 Views
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations254 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers243 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader177 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs175 Views