Boart Longyear Expands Down-the-Hole Bit Offering
August 8th, 2012
Company: Boart Longyear
Category: Drill Bits
SALT LAKE CITY — Boart Longyear (www.BoartLongyear.com • ASX: BLY), the world’s leading integrated drilling products and services provider, is expanding their down-the-hole (DTH) bit options by releasing 18 new product configurations that are compatible with over 26 third-party DTH hammers. These additions enhance the already extensive list of Boart Longyear percussive bits that can fit third-party DTH hammers. They are now available for order.
“We designed the new DTH bits after receiving an increase in requests for our technology to fit multiple DTH hammers that have recently come into the market,” said Jay Klinko, senior product manager for Boart Longyear. “By adding these bits to our rock drill and blast product offerings, we have created one of the most comprehensive lists of DTH bit options in the marketplace.”
The DTH bit body incorporates premium hardened steel alloy, which improves shank wear resistance and manages bit body wash. Multiple tungsten carbide button insert designs provide exceptional durability by allowing for multiple re-sharpening while delivering optimized penetration rates.
The new DTH bit shaft configurations offer a combination of different spline counts, diameters and lengths. Optional foot valves can be added when required.
Multiple face designs, including flat, recessed and dome, can be changed to match the various ground conditions for improved productivity. Boart Longyear has developed bits with a wide range of gauge diameters and flushing hole geometries to provide the right design for the application. Utilizing long-standing bit design strategies, the new DTH bit offering is sure to provide a durable solution for increased efficiency.
For a complete list of compatible DTH hammers and specifications, visit http://www.boartlongyear.com/bits.
About Boart Longyear
Boart Longyear is the world’s largest mineral exploration drilling company. With over 120 years of expertise, the company provides both drilling services and complementary drilling products for the global mineral exploration industry. It also has a substantial drilling and products presence in mine de-watering, environmental sampling, energy, and oil sands exploration.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) in Sydney, Australia. Sales in 2011 were over US$2.0 billion and the company employs over 10,000 employees worldwide. Contract drilling services are conducted in over 40 countries, and exploration products are manufactured in seven global factories and sold to customers in over 100 countries.
All Drill Bits:
Atlas Copco Construction Tools LLC
- Boart Longyear Upgrades and Expands Stage Diamond Coring Bits
- Boart Longyear Launches the 10UMX™ Diamond Bit, Proven Effective in the Hardest Ground Conditions
- Boart Longyear Expands Down-the-Hole Bit Offering
Rockmore International Inc
Strata Systems Inc.
Manufacturers of Drill Bits:
- Atlas Copco CMT USA LLC
- Atlas Copco Construction Tools LLC
- Bad Dog Tools
- Diamond B Inc
- Diamond Products Inc
- Ditch Witch
- Diteq Corp
- Drillmaster International
- Equipment Development Company Inc (EDCO)
- Hercules Machinery Corp
- Husqvarna Construction Products North America
- Ingersoll Rand Construction Technologies
- Melfred Borzall Inc
- Minnich Manufacturing
- Rev Drill Sales and Rentals Inc
- Rockmore International Inc
- Sandvik Mining and Construction LLC
- Steven M Hain Company Inc
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Aggregates Manager Magazine, and Aggregates Manager Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill438 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers416 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg333 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products204 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award193 Views