A world first: Atlas Copco SB 702, the only 700 kg hydraulic breaker with a solid body
September 11th, 2012
Category: Hydraulic Hammers
Atlas Copco’s new high-performance hydraulic breaker, the SB 702, makes light work of a wide range of gardening, landscaping, construction and demolition jobs. Intensive research, innovative product design and Atlas Copco’s know-how in the field of breaker technology, has resulted in lower fuel consumption, lower vibrations and less noise.
The unique aspect of the SB 702 is its solid body, a feature which no other breaker in the 700 kg class has. A one-piece housing construction makes the SB 702 unusually compact and easy to handle. The percussion mechanism and guide system are integrated into a single block of steel, eliminating the need for side bolts. The integrated, maintenance-free accumulator is easily accessible yet well-protected from bangs and knocks.
Easy to set up and service
The SB 702 works with a wide oil flow range and can therefore be installed on a broad variety of carriers. In case of hydraulic overload, the SB 702 is protected by an integrated protection valve which prevents damage to the breaker and helps avoid downtime.
The SB 702 is easy to set up and always ready for action. It requires very little maintenance and when it needs attention, it’s easy to service. Double tool retainer bars minimize stress and wear on the working tools. Changing the working tools is easy thanks to the patented retainer bar lock system, and the floating lower bushing can be replaced by the operator on-site with standard hand tools.
Energy recovery boosts productivity
Thanks to energy recovery, the SB 702 provides much higher percussive performance. While the impact energy remains constant, the breaker increases the blow frequency, which increases percussive performance. This, in turn, increases efficiency, and greater efficiency enables higher productivity with lower fuel consumption.
Energy recovery also helps to absorb recoil, which means less wear and tear on the carrier and a higher level of comfort for the operator.
All Hydraulic Hammers:
Astec Industries Inc
Atlas Copco Construction Equipment
- Atlas Copco launches new series of extreme duty pedestal boom systems
- Atlas Copco introduces HB 4100 heavy breaker
- A world first: Atlas Copco SB 702, the only 700 kg hydraulic breaker with a solid body
Atlas Copco Construction Tools LLC
- New MB 750 hydraulic breaker offers highest operational efficiency in its weight class
- New HB 3100 hydraulic breaker with PowerAdapt and optimized box design
Doosan Infracore America Corporation
- Doosan DXB170H breaker designed for popular 18- to 28-metric-ton excavators
- Doosan: Breaker frequency to match ground conditions
INDECO North America Inc
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Aggregates Manager Magazine, and Aggregates Manager Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting937 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem900 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime225 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: May 13, 2013185 Views
- Local police investigate copper wire theft in Oregon quarry114 Views