JLG Introduces Steel Hoods for Engine-Powered Boom Lifts
October 11th, 2010
Company: JLG Industries Inc
Category: Hydraulic Lifting Systems
Steel hoods standard equipment on many combustion booms produced after Oct. 1
McConnellsburg, Pa. (October 11, 2010) — JLG Industries, Inc., an Oshkosh Corporation company [NYSE:OSK] and a leading manufacturer of aerial work platforms and telescopic material handlers, announced today that it is installing steel hoods on several engine-powered boom lifts, beginning with the 600S, 800S and 800A models, produced after October 1, 2010. The steel hoods will also be available for the aftermarket from JLG Ground Support.
“We listened to the feedback of our customers and worked with our development team to reduce the total cost of ownership and increase the longevity of our boom lifts,” said Chris Mellott, JLG Industries vice-president – sales and market development for the Americas. “The upgrade to steel hoods adds a unique design element to our industry-leading engine-powered boom lifts and we are proud to offer these improvements to our customers.”
Featuring increased durability, the steel hoods will reduce the cost of ownership and provide improved long-term value. The painted hoods will maintain their color over time, improving aesthetics throughout the life of the equipment. Easier to repair than previously available hoods, the steel hoods will help rental companies achieve their financial goals by enabling them to make repairs in-house. The robust nature of these hoods provide additional protection from weld sprawls and other damaging elements adding to the hood’s low cost of ownership by keeping maintenance costs down.
Factory approved retrofit kits will be available for engine-powered boom lifts built prior to October 4, 2010. The retrofit kits consist of a complete steel hood assembly package, including mounting weldments and hardware, along with detailed instructions to guide customers through the installation process. The following products will have retrofit kits available: 800 Series Telescopic Boom Lift, 860 Series Telescopic Boom Lift, 800 Series Articulating Boom Lift and 740 Series Articulating Boom Lift. Retrofit kits will also be available shortly for the 600 Series Telescopic Boom Lift.
For more information on the steel hoods, visit www.jlg.com/steelhoods2. To identify the correct retrofit kit for equipment in your fleet, call your Aftermarket Parts Representative at 1-877-JLG-LIFT. For additional information about JLG products, visit the company website at www.jlg.com.
- Winches, All Types
- Hydraulic Lifting Systems
- Truck Mounted Cranes (Telescopic)
- Other Cranes
- Other Forklifts
- Truck Mounted Cranes (Knuckleboom)
- Boom Extensions
- Hydraulic Boom Cranes (Industrial Truck)
- Lattice Boom Cranes (Crawler Mounted)
- Tower Cranes
- Vacuum Lifting
- All Terrain Cranes
- Straight-Mast Rough Terrain Forklifts
- Crane Operational Aids
- Gantry Cranes
- Personnel Carriers
- Rough Terrain Cranes
- Hydraulic Boom Cranes (Truck)
- Lattice Boom Cranes (Wheel Mounted)
- Part Cranes
- Pipe Lifting
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Aggregates Manager Magazine, and Aggregates Manager Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views