Doosan Portable Power Redesigns LSC Light Tower with Upgraded Powertrain and Enhanced Features
August 21st, 2012
Company: Doosan Infracore Portable Power
Category: Light Towers
Have someone fromDoosan Infracore Portable Powercontact you with more information Click Here
STATESVILLE, N.C. — Doosan Portable Power has redesigned the LSC (LightSource® Compact) portable light tower and now incorporates features that make it easier to own, use and maintain. Designed for reliability and durability, the LSC light tower — originally introduced in 2010 — is ideal for illumination of special events, road and bridge construction, emergency and disaster relief, oil and gas drilling, mining and general construction sites. The LSC is the perfect complement to any rental equipment fleet.
The LSC portable light tower features a new powertrain, equipped with a Kubota D1005 engine. This 1,800-rpm water-cooled diesel engine meets EPA Tier 4 final emission regulations. The power rating of the LSC has been increased to 6 kW with the utilization of a new high output alternator. This additional voltage allows operators to illuminate the unit’s four 1,000-watt metal halide floodlights and utilize the receptacle power function simultaneously.
Fuel tank capacity has also been increased extending the LSC’s runtime to 55 hours. The compact frame design maximizes truckload shipping, with the ability to accommodate 12 fully assembled units on a standard flatbed trailer for more cost-effective transportation.
Improvements to the enclosure make it even more convenient to access the operator control panel. A small curbside door allows operators to safely access the controls without having to open the entire side panel. Integrated hinges have also been added to the street-side to provide easy access to all interior general maintenance components.
The floodlights of the LSC portable light tower provide a NEMA 6 x 7 beam spread for broad light distribution and area coverage. The cast-aluminum fixture housing includes an engineered reflector for optimal light distribution over a wide spread area. The small footprint of the floodlights improves wind load resistance.
Common with all of Doosan’s light towers, the heavy-duty galvanized steel mast of the LSC extends from 12 to 30 feet. The mast is raised by dual, hand-operated winches and features an automatic safety brake. Curly cord protection within the steel shroud along the first section of the tower prevents pinch or puncture damage.
At full mast and with all four outriggers/jacks secured, the unit will withstand winds up to 65 mph. The telescoping, rotating tower locks into position for precise aiming of floodlights. For traveling and storage, a patented automatic locking system holds the tower into place when in the stowed travel position.
The LSC light tower is backed by an industry-leading factory warranty providing 2-year / 2,000-hour bumper-to-bumper coverage.
Options available for the LSC include a block heater and a combination hitch with a 2½-inch pintle eye and a 2-inch ball.
For more information about Doosan Portable Power, please visit doosanportablepower.com.
All Light Towers:
Allmand Bros Inc
- Allmand Bros. Promotes Brad Allmand to Vice President Market Development, Matt Allmand to Vice President Operations
- Allmand Introduces New SHO-HD Lighting System
- Allmand Introduces New V Series Vertical Light Tower
- Allmand Bros. Celebrates its 70th Year By Launching Two New Light Tower Technologies
Atlas Copco Compressors LLC
Atlas Copco Construction Tools LLC
- BALDOR GENERATORS AND LIGHT TOWERS
- Mobile Light Towers
- Baldor Offers Light Towers
- BALDOR OFFERS LIGHT TOWER KIT
- BALDOR OFFERS LIGHT TOWER KIT
Doosan Infracore Portable Power
- LIGHT AND POWER IN ONE TOWER
- PORTABLE LIGHT TOWERS FROM DOOSAN INFRACORE PORTABLE POWER OFFER DURABILTY AND RELIABILITY
- SELF-INFLATING ILLUMINATION UNIT OFFERED BY DOOSAN INFRACORE PORTABLE POWER
- Doosan Portable Power Redesigns LSC Light Tower with Upgraded Powertrain and Enhanced Features
Magnum Products Inc
Manufacturers of Light Towers:
- Allmand Bros Inc
- Atlas Copco Compressors LLC
- Atlas Copco Construction Tools LLC
- Doosan Infracore Portable Power
- Genie Industries
- Godwin Pumps of America Inc
- Ingersoll Rand Construction Technologies
- Magnum Products Inc
- Multiquip Inc
- TEREX Corporation
- TEREX Light Construction
- Wacker Corporation
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Aggregates Manager Magazine, and Aggregates Manager Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs724 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries289 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding220 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs204 Views