Get More Out of Your Walkaround Inspection
April 6th, 2011
Category: Safety Training Aids
An important part of safety for any heavy equipment operator is machine inspection. Every operator must conduct a machine walkaround before the day’s operations can begin. Now there is simulation software available to train heavy equipment operators on how to conduct a pre-operation walkaround inspection.
Simforotion LLC, a leader in heavy equipment simulator training solutions, has created a series stand-alone training modules to teach operators how to conduct a pre-operation machine inspection to ensure proper operating condition. The objective of the lesson is to learn the machine parts and components and be able to competently identify any faults within the machine before beginning operations.
How It Works
A simulated version of a machine is featured on-screen. Different areas of the machine are focused on one area at a time. A list of items is randomly generated each time the module is entered. The user passes the mouse over the inspection points to illuminate each point individually; and clicks on the illuminated inspection point to zoom in on the machine and identify any faults. Or the user can click the component name within the list to illuminate and zoom in on the inspection point. The user must correctly identify the inspection points as good or faulty. The exercise will end and a detail report will appear showing the user’s results after the entire machine has been inspected. The software runs on a standard PC.
Choose from the following walkarounds:
- Small Wheel Loader
- Track Type Tractor
- Wheel Tractor-Scraper
For more information or to purchase Walkaround & Safety Inspection Training Software, call 1.309. 266.2640 or 1.877.434.7467 (inside US) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
All Safety Training Aids:
- 325D Hydraulic Excavator Virtual Walk Around
- Caterpillar Customer Safety Services Launches New Website
- Caterpillar Customer Safety Services Partners With PureSafety to Deliver Online Safety Training
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Aggregates Manager Magazine, and Aggregates Manager Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park161 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- NSSGA wants everyone to ask their representative to co-sponsor the Regulatory Integrity Protection Act (H.R. 1732) to stop proposed Waters of the U.S. rule120 Views