AIC awarded $15 million task order by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) awarded Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) a task order to provide information technology (IT) modernization services in support of Portal Modernization Stage Two of FMCSA’s IT Modernization Program.
The follow-on task order has a one-year base period of performance, two six-month options, and a contract value of more than $15 million, if all options are exercised. Work will be performed primarily in Arlington, Va. The task order was awarded under the Government Services Administration (GSA) IT 70 contract vehicle.
The FMCSA works to prevent commercial motor vehicle-related fatalities and injuries. Its IT Modernization Program is an effort to align IT systems with business operations, helping increase productivity and efficiency, and improving data accessibility and consistency. Under the contract, SAIC will provide IT modernization services in areas including program management, systems integration, software development, software and application maintenance, software testing, data modeling, and training.
“We are pleased to continue supporting the FMCSA’s IT modernization efforts which will help accomplish its mission of saving lives and making America’s roads safer by providing efficient access to safety information and developing new tools for enforcement,” said Glenn SanGiacomo, SAIC senior vice president and business unit general manager, in a written statement.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views