Alabama Supreme Court grants oral arguments in Gurley quarry lawsuit
The state Supreme Court will hear the oral arguments on May 3.
The decision follows the court’s reversal in December of a $5 million judgement against Gurley, which a Madison County jury granted M&N Materials in 2011. Prior to the reversal, town officials were exploring bankruptcy options because they said they could not pay the M&N verdict.
The lawsuit has been ongoing since 2003.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs943 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company472 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources394 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger346 Views
- Nebraska company fined after loader operator dies in accident260 Views