Alabama Supreme Court grants oral arguments in Gurley quarry lawsuit
The state Supreme Court will hear the oral arguments on May 3.
The decision follows the court’s reversal in December of a $5 million judgement against Gurley, which a Madison County jury granted M&N Materials in 2011. Prior to the reversal, town officials were exploring bankruptcy options because they said they could not pay the M&N verdict.
The lawsuit has been ongoing since 2003.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February432 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again277 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car208 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)173 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views