Alabama Supreme Court grants oral arguments in Gurley quarry lawsuit
The state Supreme Court will hear the oral arguments on May 3.
The decision follows the court’s reversal in December of a $5 million judgement against Gurley, which a Madison County jury granted M&N Materials in 2011. Prior to the reversal, town officials were exploring bankruptcy options because they said they could not pay the M&N verdict.
The lawsuit has been ongoing since 2003.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability671 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure545 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]520 Views
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill405 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 261 Views