Alaska DOT&PF introduces dashboard to gauge agency performance
The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities (DOT&PF) has developed a web-based dashboard to share DOT&PF performance measures with the public, elected officials, and partnering agencies.
The site, located at www.dashboard.dot.alaska.gov, uses gauges on a dashboard to visually show the progress of 11 key DOT&PF performance measures. The gauges show current operations and desired trends. Visitors to the site can click on each gauge to advance to a second page that provides more information; such as why the measurement is important, what is being done, and how performance is measured.
“When you view our performance dashboard you can see that safety, efficiency, and fiscal responsibility are of utmost importance to our organization,” said Marc Luiken, DOT&PF commissioner. “We want the public to know that these are our current measures of success, and we invite them to follow our progress.”
Key performance indicators include the following:
- Number of centerline miles of National Highway System roads meeting department standards
- Traffic fatalities
- Occupational injuries and illnesses
- Seasonally closed airports
- Deck area of structurally deficient or functionally obsolete bridges
- Alaska Marine Highway on-time departures
- Alaska Marine Highway vessel car-deck capacity utilization
- Airport revenues
- Runway lighting
- Commercial motor vehicle weight compliance
- Administrative and engineering costs on projects
Information on the dashboard is currently updated annually. In the future, the data will be reported on a quarterly basis.
Alaska DOT&PF oversees 255 airports, 11 ferries serving 33 communities, 5,700 miles of highway, and 660 public facilities throughout the state of Alaska.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill438 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers416 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg333 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products204 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award193 Views